Daily Mirror | misskookie's Blog
There’s a plaque hanging in our corridor that’s been there since God knows when. It’s not exactly in mint condition and I’ve seen it so many times that my eyes slide past it without even acknowledging it’s there. Then a couple of weeks ago while I was brushing my teeth, I took the time to read it. It’s called “Daily Mirror”. Here it goes.
· I will live each day as fully and confidently as I can and let God take care of the rest.
· I will be unafraid of life and death, unafraid to enjoy the beautiful and to be happy.
· I will realize that I am a part of mankind as a whole and know that as I give to the world so the world will give to me.
· I will accept responsibility for my acts and decisions and I will not blame someone else when things go wrong.
· I will not automatically resent criticism because I realize that it may contain a suggestion for improving myself.
· I will not lose my temper readily, or find fault with “every little thing”.
· I will keep my head in emergencies and deal with them reasonably and with due consideration.
· I will accept reasonable delays without impatience, realizing that I must adjust myself to the convenience of others.
· I will not worry unnecessarily about thing I can not do anything about.
· I will not boast or “show off” but when I am praised or complimented, I will accept with grace and appreciation.
· I will rejoice in the good fortune and success of others without petty jealousy or envy.
· I will listen politely to the opinions of others even when they hold opposing views.
· I will make reasonable plans for my activities and try to carry them out in an orderly way.
· I will find time to relax, time to think about God and get a better perspective on myself.
There it is. Nothing profoundly deep, things every adult possessing sound mind already knows. But how many things on this list do you actually do? They sound pretty easy but I was surprised to find that I wasn’t doing most of these things. I think if people pledged to do one of these things a day, or even a week, then we’d have a lot of kinder hearts going around. Lord knows my heart could definitely do with a lot more kindness. So now every time I’m leaving the house and I pass this in the corridor, I read one thing and try and keep it in my heart.
There are no comments on this post yet, be the first to leave one!
Previous PostsSamantha Brick, I applaud you!, posted March 26th, 2013
When Your Castles Come Crashing Down, posted March 1st, 2013
The Foolproof Guide To A Perfect Relationship, posted February 12th, 2013
Mr. Emotionally Abusive Part 2, posted February 9th, 2013
Mr. Emotionally Abusive, posted February 9th, 2013
Fitness Frenzy, posted February 6th, 2013
Restoring my faith in romance, posted February 6th, 2013
Daily Mirror, posted February 6th, 2013
21 day Fashion Challenge., posted January 7th, 2013
My celebrity crushes., posted January 7th, 2013
Carpe Diem. The fashion way., posted January 7th, 2013
My Love Letter To 2012, posted December 31st, 2012
New month...New goals., posted December 3rd, 2012
A Touch Of Reality, posted October 31st, 2012
Brick By Damn Brick, posted October 29th, 2012
A Little Background Info.., posted October 29th, 2012
The Rebirth, posted October 29th, 2012
Journalling, posted September 26th, 2012
BlogrollHere are some friends' blogs...
HelpEmbed Photos Embed Videos